Sunday, September 13, 2009

An Urgent Sunday

I found myself this afternoon in the Kaiser Urgent Care Clinic. Tyler had fallen on his wrist the day before, but didn't tell us till this morning that this had happened. It was swollen, he couldn't hold anything or rotate his hand. Sounds broken to me. After an XRay, no fracture. Whew! Dodged that bullet (a cast in Hawaii, is NOT fun!).


Tyler still has to wear a brace, till his wrist stops hurting. When he came home, he needed to finish his homework. We laughed out loud when he looked at us with that "Are you serious" look and said, "Don't I at least get a scribe?!". I felt bad for him, and volunteered.

Micah . . . . . . well, we are not quite sure what is going on with him. He had this blister on his leg (about an inch in diameter) on Friday. It looked like a burn. It had popped, we cleaned it and put an antibiotic ointment on it. By Sunday, it had doubled in size, including the area of skin sloughing off (sorry, don't mean to gross you all out). So I took him with me to get checked as well. We wanted to make sure it wasn't a flesh-eating bacteria. No, seriously, we really wanted to make sure it wasn't that. That doctor suspects that it is a staph infection. She gave us a prescription ointment. We shall see what happens. Where did he get it from? With him, there is no way to know.

This took up pretty much my entire Sunday, but I didn't mind. I'm happiest when I'm taking care of my family. I don't say that to brag at all, it's just true.

P.S. Lab results did say it was staph, but the infection is responding well to the ointment. He should be better soon.

1 comment:

Jesmyluk said...

HAHAHAHAHA...Leave to Tyler & Micah!! I am glad that it was just a fracture & that the Staph infection is responding to treatment. Seriously, want to feel bad but can't stop laughing!! They are such amazing kids & they have such an amazing mom!