Sunday, November 22, 2009

Twilight Saga: New Moon

Do you hear that? -------- It's the millions of fans screaming "thank-you" to Chris Weitz for his adaptation of New Moon from the book to the silver screen.

I first heard that Catherine Hardwicke was being replaced by Chris Weitz, I'm sure I wasn't the only one singing "halleluljah". I'm sorry, but Catherine Hardwicke was too cooky for me and her interpretation of Twilight was off. She missed the mark and gave us a shell of a story. Do I hate the Twilight movie --- not entirely. Do I want to start a petition for a redo of Twilight with Chris Weitz at the helm? ----- You betcha.
Knowing that I have no clout whatsoever in the world of moviemaking (to say the least), I will digress and focus on the movie at hand ---- New Moon.

It was awesome and I loved it!

New Moon is the slowest read of all the books, but the movie was great! I watched it and realized at the end, I did not have any complaints really (ok, maybe one, that vision that Alice had was a little weird).
Just from the trailer alone, I could tell that Summit had stepped things up, from the director to the special effects ---- this movie would at least be better than Twilight, and so it was ---- 10 x's better!
The story flow compared to the book was great, the acting was believable. My favorite scenes were mostly the break-up scenes: Edward and Bella in the woods, Jacob and Bella in the rain. I loved the reunion of Edward and Bella. My favorite line from the movie though was given by the wolves, which by the way were spectacular. I really did feel like the earth was shaking when I saw them. If you want to know which quote, text or email me ; ).
You always hear that the book is better, but when the credits rolled, there wasn't anything that I felt was left out or missed. The New Moon movie was the New Moon story.
Randy enjoyed the movie as well. Unfortunately, being that this was Jacob Black's story ----- he (meaning my husband), among many others are chanting TEAM JACOB. That's ok, I still love him.
We'll be revelling in the hype of New Moon for a while, but I'm sure the countdown for Eclipse has begun. My 9 y.o. is already asking when are we going to see the trailers for Eclipse. Yeah, I want to know too.

9 comments:

M2 (Melissa) said...

Glad you liked it. I am with Randy - I am Team Jacob - course the end of the series is weird with that. Anyways - the mania has hit my YW and they are appalled that I have not seen either one. I need to get going and see the first one before New Moon goes on video.

Margaret Vance said...

Well, it's really nice to know that New Moon is REALLY GOOD! I still haven't gone to see it... I'm thinking of catching a matinee today. I can't wait. Thanks for the awesome revies.

LadyDi said...

I too have not yet seen New Moon. I will soon...dunno when.

I can tell the excitement in your writing that the movie must be good.

Kathy said...

AMEN! DITTO! ME, TOO! :)

Loved it! I also liked that he followed the storyline so closely... Did you read the Q&A's on Stephenie's website. Cool insight there... and not so cool insight on Midnight Sun :(. And like Stephenie says, we don't have to choose sides --- we can love Jacob and the Wolfpack and love Edward with Bella!!! I'm excited to go again :)

The Houston Family said...

Go Jacob! (Haven't seen the movie yet but I don't like cold men!) Went by the Vegas temple on Monday and the street right across from the front entrance is named New Moon. Kind of funny I thought.

Karen Russell said...

I loved it! Of course I have ALWAYS been Team Jacob, Taylor did a great job with Jacob's personality. Of course the fact that he was shirtless almost the whole movie helped, but I agree that the story line went right along with the book. I agree with the first movie, I was sooo dissapointed with the first one, and I still think they needed to find a better-looking Edward. I loved both of them in the book, but the actor has almost ruined Edward for me. Dumb, I know.

Anyway, I am SOOOOOO looking forward to the tent scene in Eclipse, my favorite part of the whole series!! Can't wait... June 2010!!!

Wisconsin Watsons said...

My only complaint....Edward with no shirt on...ewwww!

Jenna said...

I finally saw it just last week and i thought it was great!!

A.Niu said...

Okay ill bit email me which one you liked?