Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Baptism and Birthday Celebration (Part I)

The Baptism

Today was Micah's baptism. We were all so excited for this day. We had prepared for it and were happy the day had arrived. I was probably the most relaxed for this baptism. Don't get me wrong, I was still nervous, but not as much as I had been with the other children.


After going through three baptisms, I remembered to snap this shot before all the craziness started. I'm so glad I did.

I know this was Micah's baptism, but I was proud of Kara this day. When we were planning out the program, my shy little Kara volunteered to give the talk on baptism. I asked her several times if she was sure she wanted to give a talk. She was positive. From the moment she got the ok, she set to work on her talk. She did awesome! I wished you had all been there to hear her.

Tyler helped out where he could. He passed out the program and offered to give the opening prayer.

Here's how the program went:

Conducting - Bro. Akina
Opening Song - "Baptism"
Chorister - Sis. Graham
Pianist - Sis. Le'i
Opening Prayer - Tyler
Talk on Baptism - Kara
Baptism Ordinance performed by Dad (Randy).
The missionaries gave a 5 minute presentation while we waited for Randy and Micah to change.
Special Muscial number - Kara and Leigh singing "Today on My Baptism Day"
Talk on The Holy Ghost - Mom (Malie)
Confirmation of Holy Ghost by Dad (Randy)
Closing Remarks - Bro. Akina.
Closing Song - "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus"
Closing Prayer - Aunty Jan

Friends from the ward came out to support Micah: the Nakayama's, Reid's, Kai's, Castle's, Graham's, Le'i's, Hippolite's. Hopefully, I didn't forget any other names.

Family was there as well. All of Randy's family came out to help us celebrate.

Micah was so happy for his baptism. He could feel the love and support from everyone for his choice to be a member of Christ's church.

3 comments:

JeanAnitaNiu said...

What a beautiful baptism you had Micah. We wish we could have been there with you, sweetie! (We were there in spirit!)
Grandma & Grandpa Niu

Tiana and Papa Sika said...

Congratulations Micah! Looks like a wonderful baptism, your bday gift is on it's way! :) And instead of saying it's late we'll just go with "promptness challenged" HAHAHAHA

Jesmyluk said...

Awww, I'm totally gonna cry! Micah isn't allowed to be old enough already for baptism. I mean I know he is because McKenna will get baptized this year as well, but it just doesn't seem fair that they keep growing up on us. Wasn't it just yesterday that Kier & Tyler were jumping into the Baptismal Font?!?! *Sigh* Rotten kids keep growing up! LOL So proud of you Micah! You rock dude!