An opportunity came my one day via Twitter. I was contacted my Channel 8 News Anchor (or is it Anchoress?), and asked if I would be part of a news story they were putting together. The news anchor, Stephanie Lum, had seen my website thebusycoconut.com, said she loved some of the stuff I had on there, particularly the homemade games I've made. I did explain that a lot of them were made for church. She still wanted me to come on so I said ok. She also asked if I would bring my kids.All of them? All of them.
I'll post more later, but long story short, we taped it this afternoon. The kids were very reluctant to go and be a part of this. Mostly out of embarrassment, but I convinced them to go, because an opportunity like this was rare. In the end, they were so glad they went. It was definitely a fun and awesome experience. I'll post the whole thing in the next couple of days on TBC website. In case you're wondering, those of you locals, it will air November 17th @ 10pm KHNL Channel 8 news. Those of you on the mainland who are curious, it will be posted on KHNL's website. There are two other families who were part of this story, so I may be on for 5 seconds, not sure, but I just wanted to share this with everyone.
4 comments:
how awesome-way to go!
That is so cool!!! And you're jealous because I have an iPhone?!?! You're officially crazy!! I can't wait to see the segment!! I know someone famous!! So cool!!
I know someone famous! Very cool.
p.s.
thanks for the nice words of encouragement on my blog
This is so cool!
Post a Comment