This is our first Christmas back in AZ, away from family. Although we missed being around them during this time, we did have an enjoyable Christmas with just our gang.
The kids had been up since "too early" in the morning, waiting for us parents to wake up. I think we finally rolled out of bed around 7:50am. I'm sure it was tortuous for them, but they managed to survive. This year we started with Secret Santa gifts . . . our newest tradition with our family. Everyone drew names and got $20 each to buy for that person. They had so much fun, which as a mother makes me glad to see that they enjoy getting things for others.
From what I could tell by reactions and facial expression and post-gift opening play, I think dad and I did good with getting gifts. Jace was loving his new train set.
Again, I was too tired by nightfall to have a breakfast casserole and cinnamon rolls prepped the night before ---- go figure. But, I was glad to have at least ingredients to make some kind of breakfast. French Toast with ham slices. Oh yeeeeeah.
While I made breakfast, Randy was sitting on the cold, tiled floor putting together Jace's gift he got Grandma and Grandpa Niu. I don't what we'd do without daddy.
Kara had asked for polymer clay for Christmas. She has been in her room working on works of art like this one here.
One of the gifts we got Tyler was football cards. I didn't think he would enjoy them as much as he did.
Leigh sporting her new RR4L Football 2012 Championship shirt and running shorts. Oh, and a pen.
I couldn't get enough of how much he loved playing with that train.
I had to take a picture of it because the thing is just freaky looking, yet, my baby loves it! That's all that matters right?









No comments:
Post a Comment