We weren't sure what to do for President's Day. We didn't have any plans, but wanted to do something. We headed back out to the White Tanks again, but this time, we decided we would try to do some geocaching while we were out there.
The kids were game. We grabbed our water bottles and headed out. We picked a trail different than the last.
We found the first geocache pretty quickly. Leigh was the one that found this one.
It wasn't a strenuous hike. It was more of a hot walk.
Along this trail, they do have these posts that list the wildlife that are in the area. Isn't this comforting?
Good thing it's still not warm enough.
Still choosing not to walk. Still choosing to carry him.
Here's another post. Mountain Lions. Lovely. The kids were actually hoping for an animal encounter. I need to remind them that this is not animal planet.
Desert landscape. I imagine this whenever I read about the wilderness in the scriptures. LOL!
We took a different trail for our second geocache. This hike was a little more fun and scenic. When we reached the spot for the geocache, it was kind of hard to find. Micah, with his geocache talent, was able to find this one.
Here's there animal encounter. Along with the geocache, the kids found a lizard. I think they were more exciting about that.
Micah and I on the way back down from our geocache-hike.
A view from our trail.
The older ones ran ahead of us. Crazy kids. They loved the hike by the way. It was followed by a nice relaxing evening at home with ice-cream cones for dessert. I heart my family!


1 comment:
Estrella Mtn.? We loved it there, we have hiked those trails many times. Never did Geocaching though. Looks like fun, however I miss seeing Hawaii. I miss it so much that I had to plan a family trip, we leave May 3rd.
Post a Comment