Today was Leigh's birthday! It was not just any birthday. It was her sweet 16!! We had been trying to come up with an idea of what to do for her birthday. I finally came up with an idea and put my plans into action. A surprise birthday was planned. Actually, not just one but two surprises were planned.
We started out the morning with Cap'n Crunch French Toast, requested by the birthday girl herself.
First surprise of the day was thrown by the YW of our ward. We have a great group of girls who love Leigh very much. Payton (the cute one with pink hat to the right of Leigh) planned this whole party out. She knew that Leigh still missed her friends in Hawaii and wanted to make sure she had a fabulous day.
All the party details were fun!
Payton had called all the YW and gathered all the party supplies and surprised Leigh. It was great!
The party was held at Sis. Ortiz's home. The weather was nice and hot, perfect for the pool.
Leigh was good and tired after all that food and swimming. She had thought that that was her party and the celebrating was done. Little did she know that we had more surprises in store.
Leigh is such a great girl and is grateful for the things that she received. While I knew she was grateful for the party, she was a little sad that her best friends from school weren't able to attend.
Later that evening, we informed Leigh that we were going to dinner at Barro's. Leigh I could tell was just going along with the plans. Her friend Makenna had helped me with the plans we had for the evening. She helped to gather her gang of friends from school and were waiting at Barro's to surprise Leigh.
When we entered Barro's, her friends yelled "SURPRISE!" She definitely was surprised. She had thought that her friends were busy and not able to do anything with her on her birthday. As soon as she got over the shock of seeing her friends, we told her the rest of the plans. She couldn't stop smiling.
We had ordered pizza for the gang and left them behind to hang out by themselves. We made sure to take home some pizza for us.
After the kids were done eating, they headed over and met Randy and the kids at the bowling alley (unfortunately I had to go to work). They all divided up into two teams and bowled against each other. I was told they had a blast.
After a fun game of bowling, the party headed back to our house for cake and ice-cream and more fun! We even surprised Leigh with her cake.
She thought that we had forgotten to order the cake she likes - white cake with strawberry filling.
The kids sang Happy Birthday, blew out the candles, had cake and ice-cream and continued to party more.
They danced, played air-hockey, and played with Jace's toys. From what I heard, it had been a great night.
From these pictures, I think it was a night to remember. Even though I missed it, the best part of the night for me was reading the text I got from Leigh while I was at working saying,
"THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! :) :) :) :) I LOVE YOU!!! I HAD AN AMAZING DAY.
THANK YOU. :) :) :)"














2 comments:
Awwww that's so sweet! Happy birthday Leigh! So glad you had such a great day! You totally deserve it! You've got some great friends there. :)
Now I can't wait to have a 16 year old, looks like so much fun. I love having Matthew's friends hang out at the house, never a dull moment.
Post a Comment