Sunday, March 23, 2014

YW Morning Hike

I received a new calling . . . 2nd counselor in the YW presidency!!! 
I'm excited and a little nervous at the same time. Our ward had its boundaries redone and so with that, have more YW added to our ward. So currently I have 12 Beehives in my class. Word on the street is that I will have a total of 20 Beehives by the end of the year . . . . . . . yikes!


This morning our YW went on a hike in the White Tank Mountains. The girls are preparing for two upcoming events. YW Camp and for the older girls will be participating in Trek. Incidently, Randy and I have been asked to be a Big Brother and Big Sister on the Trek. I'm a little nervous about that and will keep you posted. 
I digress.
So thanks to Bro. Chapman who organized the hike, we headed out.


Those Beehives took charge and were leading the pack.


Laurels taking care of the rear.


A mile and a half in and we reached the waterfall. We stopped and took a few shots.





We made sure to get a hiking selfie!


After a few minutes of exploring the waterfall site and taking some pictures, we headed back. 


It was a much easier going back. It was mostly all down hill. Good job girls!!

3 comments:

The Maire Family said...

Hey, I'm 2nd counselor in yw too! But I only have 4 altogether. You have more beehives than we have yw in our ward! The hike looked fun.

JeanAnitaNiu said...

Hey I'm a Laurel Advisor! haha! Beehives are still my FAVORITE though!!

JeanAnitaNiu said...

Wait...are there really waterfalls in AZ???????