Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day 2014


Father's Day has come again, and we were ready this year. I decided that I wanted the kids help with the preparations and really be a part of the celebrating their dad. Kara put together the cute tie-banner that read Happy Father's Day.
I think Dad was surprised when he came out in the morning and saw the banner.



Tonight's dinner request was Japanese food. We through in some Chinese for good measure. We prepared somen salad, tempura, ordered sushi, and picked up some egg rolls and noodles from the store. The food was great!



 I helped Micah and Jace make cards for their dad. This one was Jace's. It was cute. Inside, I wrote down the things that Jace wanted to tell dad.



After dinner Randy played "How Well Do You Know Your Father". The kids actually were actually able to answer I think all the questions. Good job kids! My favorite question was "What was the weirdest thing I ate on my mission?" A few of them raised their hands and said "Sheep Tongue!!!" LOL! I had forgotten about that.

We LOVE Randy and all that he does for our family. He's a great father and husband, worthy priesthood holder and loves us dearly.



Before we called it a night, we called Grandpa Ray to wish him a Happy Father's Day. It was a short chat, but we always LOVE talking with him. Grandpa always makes us smile and laugh. We miss him and hope we get to see him soon.



I did want to end this post with a few words of gratitude to my own father for all that he has done for me. He has always been such a great example to me. A lot of the life lessons I learned growing up were from him. I've had many private conversations with him about life while growing up. I wish he lived near me so that I could spoil him on Father's Day.

Happy Father's Day!!



1 comment:

JeanAnitaNiu said...

I just love your Father's Day celebration, including Randy, Grandpa Ray and Grandpa Howard too.
We LOVE you Randy...you are a WONDERFUL son-in-law!
'Ofa atu,
Mom & Dad