Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Eve

Fireworks are BIG here in Hawaii on New Year's Eve. We are not big on the pyrotechnics but we did get a few things to quench the kids'thirst to light something. Randy and the kids did sparklers, pop-its, and ground bloomers.

Our little stash.

So precious.

Hmmm. I don't think he should be allowed near any fire. LOL.

A must-have with any popping of fireworks.

"Don't look."

Ooh, fire!

Where are your parents?

Kids having fun.

I think that's from our neighbor's across the street.

Earlier in the day we went down to Julie's house for some lunch cooked up by mother-in-law. The food was delicious as usual. I took my sister-in-law's advice and just embraced the food, knowing that the diet would start tomorrow. It was soooo good! Sashimi anyone? My favorite was the salmon.
Back to the night. I had to work New Year's Eve. Let me tell you, it was quite a night. On top of working my regular floor, I was called down to help in the ER for most of the night. All night I did that. At midnight, the fire alarm went off. I could smell smoke but didn't see a fire. We figured out that the smoke from outside had blown in setting off the fire alarm. It was a crazy start of the New Year for me. While in the ER, I saw a lot of unnecessary injuries caused by drinking. Many fireworks injuries. I worried a little about the safety of my family but knew that were more than safe with Randy. I'm so grateful for the wonderful husband and father he is and that I really don't ever have to worry about them when going to work.
I hope you all had a great New Year's Eve. Happy New Year's to you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S Sasaki Family!!! Wow, those fireworks remind me of our BYU-H days walking or driving around Laie or Kam Hwy and not being able to see 10 feet in front of you from all the smoke from the fireworks! Sounds like it was a lot of fun...
Love,
The Sika's