Thursday, January 22, 2009

Surprise Visit and the Gilbert Islands


I received a call Thursday (1/15) from my parents saying that they were arriving the next night in Hawaii for a visit. My dad was traveling on a business trip with a stopover in Hawaii. My mom tagged along and stayed behind in Hawaii for the week. It was fun having mom around. We didn't really do anything exciting, just hang out really, but for me that was fun! I've lived my whole adult life away from my parents, so to have my mom there for the everyday mundane things was nice. She enjoyed it as well. It was especially nice when I came home late from a working a night shift, went to bed and woke up to a clean home. Thanks mom! Unfortunately, not many pictures were taken, but like I said, we didn't do anything major.


Hopefully, we will be seeing more of my parents. My dad works for the church, taking care of physical facilities of the church in the pacific. This time he has been assigned to take care of the micronesia area specifically. They have moved to the Gilbert Islands for 3 years. In order for my dad to get to some of these islands, such as the Marshall Islands, he has to stopover in Hawaii (oh darn). We will always have dinner waiting when you guys come.



We will miss you mom and dad and wish you luck in the Gilbert Islands (Kiribati)!

No comments: