This picture was so fun to take. All the spouses were shooting their cameras and flashes were going off left and right. I felt like a celebrity. It was so fun! From L to R: Shawn (Sione's son), Kathy, Diana, Sam (Teuila's children), David (Sione's oldest son), Me (Howard's daughter), Leland and Maikeli (Paul's sons).
Leland and Audrey. Yes, he is as much Tongan as I am. I knew Leland growing up in Hawaii.
The girls hanging in the hallway.
The kids messing around.
Boys arm-wrestling.
The women setting everything up.
Kathy and Diana hanging out. Diana is the same age as me and she and I grew up in Tonga together. I remember when Kathy was born. Oh man, and now she's in college. Sheesh I'm old.
Maikeli and Brynn. Maikeli is another one I remember when he was born. I got to know Brynn well at the get-together. She and I have a lot in common. Gonna have to call her to go running. Maikeli is going to school here at BYUH.

All the girls.
All the boys.
The three posers.
David and Lice's family. David is the oldest cousin of this group. I remember him as being the older teenage cousin.
Shawn and Alvina. Shawn's was younger than me but we would still play together when we were little in Hawaii, with his sister Chantelle who was my age.
Diana's family, with Kathy.
There's us.
Leland and Whitney's family. Whitney is great. Loved getting to know her as well. It's too bad she lives on the other side of the island. Leland is in the military and stationed here.
Sam and his son. He has 5 children, but he just came with one for the night. Sam was another older teenage cousin, but in Tonga.It was so fun getting to know everyone, and reaquainted with everyone else.
5 comments:
It's nice to read different stories of the same event. Indeed we had fun.
You are so lucky - now that all of my grandparents have died, IDk when I will ever see my cousins again...
They are actually friends on facebook - but you know what I mean.
Malie I just don't think you have enough family. You really need to have more family because its like you are an orphan or something. I feel really sorry for you. tsk tsk tsk...poor Malie. LOL
Oh it is so good to see your blog! I wish I would have had my camera that night. The pictures turned out great. We do need to get together sometime! Oh and I loved the volleyball pictures to.
What a great night....yum that food looks great! How fun that you have such a big family close by!
ps we are coming to Hawaii in May, staying in Laie :o)
Post a Comment