Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring Break Bake Sale

The kids have been begging me for a while to do a bake sale. I had them wait for Spring Break because I knew it would be an undertaking. We went to Walmart the day before to get ingredients. Just that task alone was opening the kids' eyes as to how big a task this was. After ingredients were bought, goodies were made and packaged, we were ready for business. The girls set up shop right outside our door.







Unfortunately, the effects of the recession were felt by the girls, as there was slow traffic. The girls did get a little business but not as much as they had hoped. We ended up eating their goodies over the weekend. We'll have to come up with a better business plan for advertising.

Update: Tyler and his friend decided to do their own bake sale. They set up shop in a high traffic area with their goodies that they baked. They sold out everything and made $57! Poor Leigh and Kara only made $7.

4 comments:

Tiana and Papa Sika said...

Those baked goods look so yummy ... I wish I was there so I could buy some from you girls. Great Job!

The Maire Family said...

The goodies do look really good. Good on you Malie for doing that with them. :) I'm with Tiana, I would've totally bought some. Sounds like Tyler has some of Dad's business thinking.

Malie said...

Aaawwwwh. Thanks guys. I'm sure the girls would have loved having you guys around.

Mark and Jessica said...

Location, location, location. . .

Isn't that the first lesson in business??

Those look yummy, wish I couldn've bought some.