The Monday prior, we had a FHE lesson about King Benjamen giving his sermon from the tower and how everyone listening had pitched their tents and faced them towards to tower to listen. The kids instantly made the connection with watching General Conference and asked if they could make a tent. They couldn't believe their ears when I said, "Yes. You may make a tent to watch conference in." The excitement for General Conference was beginning.
With the kids still having Spring Break, my wonderful plans were getting put on the back burner, but were not forgotten. I had explained my ideas to Randy.
Saturdays session went fairly well. I was sleeping because I had worked, but Randy and the kids watched Saturday's afternoon session and did the activities provided.
Sunday was the best. We all got up early and all watched conference together. I know the kids probably didn't pay attention for all of conference, in fact I know they didn't, but they did their best.
These candies were for our conference bingo game. I'm going to have to fine tune that game, otherwise we end up eating too much candy.
I think what made it great was that we were all together, some watching conference, others doing the conference packets I made, or playing in the tent they made.
After watching conference we played with the Apostle Cards I printed out. It was fun reading the interesting facts about the apostles. Did you know that Pres. Monson raised pidgeons as a hobby? No. Neither did I.We made orange rolls and scarfed them down while playing with the cards. We had a nice dinner and just a great Sunday.
Just wanted to share the ideas I had found.
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing they ARE great ideas!!
I remember putting a talk together for Marcus when he was barely a CTR about Pres. Hinkley that had odd facts like that in it. It was so much fun to learn a bit more about our leaders than is usually discussed.
Thanks for the ideas - I'll have to try some.
Love your ideas! We do the bingo and I buy the individual bags (you know like the Halloween sizes) as the reward for getting bingo - Hattie generally earns two a session - we use paper squares for the actual bingo! Love the last game and the tent - we will be doing that next time!
Post a Comment