Saturday, January 30, 2010

Can We Say "BUSY!!"

One of my resolutions has been to get back to blogging. So enough procrastinating.

This was a busy, busy day. Some pictures were taken and will be posted a little later, but I thought, I'd better write down what happened before I forget.
To start off, I woke up at 5am (on Saturday, I know ---- crazy). Why? I have been training to do the Great Aloha Run. It is a big race that they have here on President's Day. The race is 8.15 miles, from Aloha Tower to Aloha Stadium. Today was going to be busy, so the only way I could get a practice run was to wake up this early. I ran, and ran, and ran, and ran, and ran, and . . . well, you get the picture. How long did I run? ---- 10 MILES! That's the longest I've ever run. It was dark and rainy. I was pretty wet by the end, but enjoyed it.
Due to the rain, the boys' basketball games were canceled (secretly I was happy). Randy took 3 of the kids to Aunty Julie's to celebrate Conner's birthday, whilst I hopped on the bus with Leigh to Laie for her volleyball tournament. Leigh has been out of commission with volleyball for the last month. Right before Christmas break, she dislocated her kneecap. Through some physical therapy and rest, she's been able to get back in the game. She did really well, I thought, didn't miss a serve. Randy and the kids joined us later in the afternoon to watch Leigh play.
Randy and I left the tournament a little early to get ready for my work party. Some of you may have remembered that I wasn't able to attend last year's party due to a road block. This year, I was determined to go. We were able to get a sitter at the last moment and head off to Turtle Bay Resort for some fun. We enjoyed mingling with my coworkers, eating the yummy food, dancing to great music. I even won a raffle prize. We got home late. By this point, my legs are killing me, particularly my calves. We'll see how I feel in the morning.

It was definitely a busy day. Now that I'm at the end of it, I see that it was a little too busy. Good thing days like these don't happen too often.

No comments: