Thursday, April 22, 2010

1st night in Utah

The first night I was in Utah, we had a family dinner at my Uncle Daniel's home in Sprinville. It was such a fun night!! I was able to reconnect with relatives and even get to know some even better. Our party started at 8pm and we didn't leave until 1am.

Dad and Aunty Emeli. She is my grandmother's sister. She is the last of the siblings of my grandmother that is still alive.

Time to eat.

My dad is in the red shirt, looks like he's on the phone.

Another view of the table. It was so nice that we were able to all sit together.

The man in green is my uncle Eddie, then cousin Greg, cousin Silivei, and my sister Tiana.

My cousin Jackie and her (now) fiance Chad. Everyone says that she and I look like my aunt Mesia. Even my kids think the two of us look alike. We meant to take a picture, but we got so busy visiting with everyone, we didn't get the chance.

Me and Kaloni (cousin Silivei's wife). My Aunty Ana next to me. She's the oldest of my dad's siblings. She's who we call in Tonga the fahu. Whenever there's a wedding or something of that sort, in Tonga, gifts are usually exchanged between families and all the gifts to my extended family goes to her. So in my family, it is a joke that I am the fahu. Which I will be one day (not that I'm waiting for it. LOL!).

My cousin Jackie and her brother-in-law Steve.

This is my cousin Tiari and her family. Her kids are too cute and her husband is a really, nice guy. She is Jackie's older sister.

This is our host, Uncle Daniel. Two of his eight kids were my cousin Jackie and Tiari.


1 comment:

The Maire Family said...

Looks like so much fun! Niu reunions are always good because you can just talk with anyone. I bet the food was great too.