This stake conference was an anticipated one, mainly because Kara joined the Stake Primary Choir that was to sing at our meeting. I'd been with her to the many Sunday practices and heard the children sing. The music was beautiful! When it came time for the choir to perform, they were awesome!! I will admit, tears were shed during their beautiful singing. So proud of Kara for wanting to have this great experience.
I snapped these during their practice before stake conference.
Kara and two other girls from her primary class.
Can you tell the one on the left is getting embarrassed? LOL!
From the messages I did hear (in between chasing around my toddler), they were of course very needed and inspirational. Elder Whiting was the presiding general authority and gave a great message.
We did something this year, that we hope to make a tradition every stake conference. Usually after conference is done, we are sitting in the parking lot for a while, waiting for our turn to get out of the parking lot. This time we decided to have a picnic.
It was great!!! We had pigs-in-a-blanket, baked beans, fresh veggie sticks n dip, chips, and raspberry crumb bars.
Best decision ever!! The kids loved it! Micah said he couldn't wait for next stake conference. Everyone was fed, and it was a nice time to get some wiggles out before heading home for a nap.





4 comments:
That's a great idea! Looks like some great family time.
What an awesome idea!! We are so totally going to have to try this, depending on the weather - this is Wisconsin after all, next Stake Conference! Thanks for the inspiration!
It really was nice. I hope you guys can do it too! I'll cross my fingers for you Jess ;)
This is such an inspiration! Way to go, Sasaki's! I'm downloading photos from all 3 blogs (Malie, Tiana & Jen) and dad is going to load them on our cool Digital Picture Frame that you gave us for Christmas! I was afraid I'd lose/break something so I put it away safely when we got back to Tonga, then again when we moved. I FINALLY remembered to ask dad about it this morning and he set it up...just have to put in our own pics! WOOHOO! I'll keep you posted on this work in progress ... LOL!
LOVE YOU GUYS!
Post a Comment