Because Randy knew that Jeremy would be here for a couple months for training, he invited Jeremy to do a fireside for the youth of our stake. Jeremy was more than happy to do it.
Tonight was the fireside. He did an awesome job. We heard a lot of great comments of how great a fireside it was. It was cool to see him interacting with the kids afterwards and to also see how starstruck some of the kids were.
It was very cool.
I won't lie, it also felt cool to be the ones responsible for organizing it.
We got to talk with Jeremy afterwards and the kids got to meet him. He reminded me of a grown up version of Micah. In fact, while we were talking to him, he pointed at Micah and said, "I used to look just like you when I was a kid."
It was a great evening. If you ever get a chance to hear Jeremy Guthrie speak, make sure you don't miss it.

No comments:
Post a Comment