At one point, Tyler walked out to a tide pool that was far out and the tide was rising. As Tyler trekked his way out there wearing slippas (flip-flops), he was unfamiliar with the buoyancy issues that would occur. Long story short, one of his slippas floated off into the deep waters of the Pacific Ocean. To make matters a little worse, I had to walk out to him and help him back to shore. I thought the whole scene was quite funny. Tyler did feel bad that he lost his slipper. What are you gonna do?
Kara was determined to catch a fish and by golly she did! She laid her cup down in a tide pool and when the fish swam in, she picked it up (poor thing didn't see it coming). Micah was content taking sea snails home.
We started heading back to our car. On the way back, a tourist pointed out the sea turtles in water. There was one about 4 feet from us. It was really big too. Every so often he would poke his head out of the water. Further down the shore, there were 3 more turtles.
We loaded ourselves in the van and drove over to get some shave-ice. On the way home, we had to turn around and run to grandma's house to pick something up. The souvenirs (1 fish and 5 snails) the kids were taking home were acting up. I had Leigh screaming because the snails in the container were crawling up the side, and Kara's fish jumped out of the little bowl she had it in (she caught it and put it back inside).
The kids had fun seeing cousins and aunties while we were there. We loaded back into the van at the end of the day and headed home. Good times, good times.
9 comments:
What a life! I'm jealous and don't mind admitting it. Looks like fun! REALLY wish we were there to do it with you:)
When you see my grocery bill, you might change your mind on that one. I guess it's a good trade-off for living here.
Wow! It is so beautiful there. It looks like you all are having a great time. Miss you! Terri
Wow - what fun you guys are having!! We miss your cute family!!
Do I dare ask where the fish and snails are now?
What a great place to be!
How fun! I too am curious as to the fate of the fish and snails...
All died by the time we got home.
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
Poor fishy and snails to die in cups. What a shame. But I loved the fact that they were freaking out, the kids not the 'pets'. Sounds like you all are having tons of fun. I am so jealous! But its a good kind of jealous. LOL
Post a Comment