Alright, prepare for picture overload. Grandma --- this one's for you (LOL). We didn't have much to do on a Monday, so we decided to check out the Polynesian Cultural Center. While at the PCC, Tyler totally embraced his Polynesian roots. The other kids loved it as well, but didn't get into character as much as Tyler did. There was so much to do there, we didn't get to see and do it all. We'll definitely go back again.
TL: the kids posing in front of a waterfall (can't really see it). TR: Leigh trying out the poi balls in Maori Village (New Zealand). BL : Kara with poi balls. BR: Tyler and Leigh playing some Maori games.
TL: The kids and I showing off are tattoos (such a great example I am). TR: Leigh in the championship game in Maori village. BL: Kara posing near the Fijian Village. BR: Watching the canoe show, the Hawaiian canoe in front of us.
TL: The kids fishing in the Tahitian village. TR: Showing off their fish the wove from coconut leaves. BL: Tyler walking around barefoot. He took of his slippers as soon as we got there and refused to put them back on. BR: Kara found a coconut.
TL: My little pyromaniacs trying to start a fire in the Samoan Village. TR: Kara and I posing. Not sure why my hand is like that (I do love my child, really, I do). BL: The kids being funny. BR: Playing a spear game in the Tongan Village.
Tongans are known for their drumming. The kids had fun trying them out.
My island boy. Like I said before, Tyler was in love with all things Polynesian there and really got in touch with his roots. He even asked me to buy a tupenu for him to wear to church. I was so flattered, I guess, that he asked me that. We will definitely be heading back soon.
TL: My little pyromaniacs trying to start a fire in the Samoan Village. TR: Kara and I posing. Not sure why my hand is like that (I do love my child, really, I do). BL: The kids being funny. BR: Playing a spear game in the Tongan Village.
Tongans are known for their drumming. The kids had fun trying them out.
My island boy. Like I said before, Tyler was in love with all things Polynesian there and really got in touch with his roots. He even asked me to buy a tupenu for him to wear to church. I was so flattered, I guess, that he asked me that. We will definitely be heading back soon. P.S. My good friend Vika said that she would would bring Tyler a tupenu back from Fiji on her trip up next month.
4 comments:
I think it's so funny Tyler had his shoes off, while Micah is still wearing his! What's up with that?!?
What is it that Tyler wants? Can you explain for those of us not familiar with your culture?
Thanks!
Tupenu is this wrap that the boys and men wear instead of pants. We have a lot of Tongans and Samoans in the ward here and so it's not uncommon for the boys in primary and YM coming to church wearing one.
That is cool that Tyler embraced his roots. I think he'd look cute in a Tupenu. Oh sorry I meant he'd look very manly and islandish in it. LOL I cannot wait for you to take me over to the PCC as soon as I get a chance to come there that is. Love you guys!!!! Miss you guys!!!
I loved all of the pictures, especially Tyler Gone Native. It made me a little sentimental though to see Tyler and Kara wearing their Canyon Ridge shirts. You guys seem to be having such an awesome time - I'm so excited to live the island life vicariously through you so keep those pictures and posts coming!
Post a Comment