Happy 4th of July!!! We started off the day not sure of what we wanted to do. We sat down as a family and threw out the options. We ultimately decided on the beach (surprise, surprise). We ended up at Hukilau. We got there and conditions were "glassy". Those of you non-surfers out there, that is a good thing when there are waves. Randy was wishing he had remembered to bring his fins. We had fun swimming, but then the waves were getting bigger. One by one, we ended up on the beach after being trampled on by big waves. We all sat and watched Randy catch the BIG ones with his board. It was fun to watch.
We went home, got something to eat and watched an oldie-but-goodie movie "Cool Runnings". Leigh seemed to appreciate it, but the rest of the kids weren't too interested. By evening, we headed out to Turtle Bay Resort for some good food and fireworks. While waiting for the fireworks, it did start to rain. Despite the wet grass, we stuck it out until 8:30 pm for the show. It was all of 10 mins which I personally thought was a great length of time for a display. As soon as it was done we headed home. The kids were surprised to see people in our neighborhood outside their homes doing their own pyrotechnics. Randy and I laughed and said, "This is nothing. Just wait until New Year's Eve!"
P.S. As I watched the fireworks show, I was reminded of being at the Surprise Stadium, sitting on the grass with the air being warm, eating popsicles watching the fireworks there. As soon as I was done watching them here I received a text from my good friend Jenny Taylor telling me that the fireworks were cancelled there because of a monsoon. Sorry you guys missed out. Hope you all had a good Independence Day despite your bad weather.
P.P.S. There's also another post up in June called "Perks".
8 comments:
So glad you are up and blogging again. I enjoy reading about your family adventures. Next week we will be on the big island, but after that, we want to see the tide pools on the north shore. Do you think your family would be interested?
Happy 4th of July Sasaki family!!! I am glad you guys had so much fun!!! thanks for letting me know that the fireworks here were cancelled. Too bad we didn't know that, that night. Of course then we would have missed out on the sprinklers and lightening. LOL
Happy 4th! Glad to see you have settled in and now enjoying the way the rest of the United States enjoys the 4th. REAL fireworks from home! It took some getting used to, but my kids love to be able to light them right in our front yard.
I am enjoying your updates and the pictures! Its great to see you in your "home" environment.
Hey I actually didn't know the Surprise fireworks were canceled. We went to a Diamondbacks game and they had them there.
I am so jealaous - my heart skipped a beach when I saw your beautiful children in the sand so makes me miss "home" at least our college home! Another reason for us to come home!
Hey Sasaki 'Ohana! It was great coming across your blog. Great pictures!!
Joy & Clesson Paet and family.
Hi Malie,
Yes. Love, love, loooooooove the whole Twilight series. It took me a month after reading them (for the first time) to come down from thinking about the characters 24/7. Crazy, huh?
Did you get to read the host?
Do you have a goodreads.com account?
Your family is just beautiful.
Post a Comment