After dinner we had FHE where everyone (except me of course), was just silly. Randy was leading the music and began doing hula actions while leading, which in turn got the boys to get up and copy him (BTW, the song was Love At Home). Picture that. The best was Micah's part. We have a segment that we changed from Activity to Article of Faith. We concentrate on one AOF a month, to help the kids learn it and remember it. We are on AOF #8. We played telephone to illustrate how important it is to have something be translated correctly. Here's how it went:#1 mom - translate the bible
#2 micah - transulate the bible
#3 randy - transulated by the boy
#4 leigh - translated by the boy
#5 kara - travis is a bad boy
#6 tyler - the dark lord!
There you have it. The reason why it is important to translate things correctly.
P.S. The kids have gotten creative with trying to figure out what to do when they've done their homework, and not watch TV. Since yesterday, they've been making towers (they call it) with the cards we have around the house. I'm surprised at how long they will do that. The tricky thing about making those is that in our house they fall easy because the house vibrates a lot. Why you ask. Well, in Hawaii, a lot of homes on the north shore are built on stilts like ours. So if you walk hard enough, the whole house vibrates. So everyone's been getting yelled at by each other to walk softer. LOL. Leigh's is a picture of what happens when the house vibrates.
9 comments:
How scary to have your house shaking. That would make me so nervous!
I went back and changed the word "shake" to "vibrates". It's not as bad as it sounds.
LOL Sounds like you guys had a fun FHE. What were your treats? LOL
What a great idea with the AOF - both to focus on one a month and then the telephone game for #8. You are so creative and I'm going to be totally "creative" and steal your idea ;o) Randy doing a hula dance to Love At Home does indeed conjure up some funny images! I know you always said he had a "wild" side - now it's a little easier to believe.
I copped out and just got some chips ahoy cookies. Last week it was sundaes (Tyler's idea).
I'm so glad my kids aren't the only ones to do anything they can, be it watch TV or play outside or whatever to NOT do homework. I just can't understand why when most of the time if they try they can finish in no time and be done with the whole thing! Kids!!
Those pictures just make me miss you guys! That is so funny about your house shaking. Maybe it's a good thing and will make your house quieter since everyone's walking softly. :) And i love the story about Randy--just a great follow-up to your comment on my blog. :) It's ALWAYS the quiet ones.
I love your activity for translating, it was so funny! I'll have to use that one. And I totally get the "vibrating" with the house I grew up in a house built on stilts.
What a cute family you guys have! I wish our kids could still walk down the street to hang out. It's good to see you (found you off Ashley's blog- feel free to look at ours)!
-Alyssa
Post a Comment