
We were finally able to make it to the temple tonight (thank goodness). It has been a long time (don't ask). It's interesting how the adversary works hard to try to get you not to go. I had just dropped off my niece and nephew this morning, driving home, I was tired. I was so tempted to just go out to dinner with my hubby instead. The tiredness of my body said do it, but deep down I knew I was making excuses not to go. I'm glad I didn't give in. We needed to go, and need to keep going. Unfortunately, I recently found out that our lovely temple will be closing. I know it is for a good reason, but I was sad because I have lived far from a temple for a long time. Now that I live 7 mins away, it will be closing at the end of December for 18 months!!! I should be thankful however, that Hawaii has 2 temples. The other one is on the Big Island. I almost feel like the saints back in the day, when they would save everything they have to make 1 trip to the temple. I do not compare my circumstances at all with that, but feel humbled and know when I think about them, that I do not have an excuse not to go. Besides, it's a good excuse for a trip. Hope to see some of you in Kona.
7 comments:
Good on ya Malie! We are planning a session too real soon once we can organize some babysitters. Nice photo of the temple, did you take that one?
NO, I grabbed it from another site.
That temple is so beautiful! I can't believe it's closing for that long, are they just renovating?
It's been ages since I've been to the temple. I really need to go. Hopefully I'll be able to go at least once before the year finishes!
Okay your making me feel bad Cause I was suppose to go this week and never got a chance to. And Its right there in my front yard. Im so bad i wake up to the site of our beautiful temple and I still have a hard time going. Your so good.:)
Well, don't feel too bad. It's been MONTHS since before this last time we went.
How sad that they are closing it. Granted its only for 18 months, are they closing it for renovations?
Post a Comment