After a week of being water-logged at camp, we went back for more. My cousin Diana had called last week to invite us to a birthday party for two of her children at another old stomping ground for me --- Kekela (my memory of Kekela beach were of having ward camp there, along with almost drowning from the rough waters). Anyhow, I almost never say no when family calls, especially family I haven't seen in a while. Diana and I have known each other since 1986! Wow, don't count how many years that is, it's too many. In my opinion, she looks the same from when I last saw her, except now she has a husband and 4 children to boot.
It was so fun seeing her again and her family. Her brother Sam was there as well with his 5 children. He was the older brother who would tease us when we were only 10 y.o. We sat around and reminisced about the old days and caught up with each on what's happening now. The kids had fun playing chopstick race, sham ball, crafts, and pinata. We ate too much food and just had a great time. We drove home tired! Good thing it was only a 15 min drive. However, those of us gung-ho people mustered up what strength we had left and went down to BYUH for the free movie "Spiderwick Chronicles". By the way, good movie.
5 comments:
How fun! I forgot to mention that we had a mini reunion with the Ita'aehau's over the weekend because Peggy got married last Saturday... crazy, huh?! Hopefully Vika is coming this way this month. I'll keep you posted.
Yes, please let me know if Vika comes into town. Oh I'd wished I'd known about Itaehau's. That would have been fun.
Oh my goodness, it's like you guys are having a liahona reunion over there! Wish I could've been there.
Hey! I know you, I think! Its great to see you at "home" with friends and family. Sounds like you aren't having a hard time finding things to do. I think its GREAT!
I'm so jealous! It looks fabulous over there, especially considering it's in the 100's here with no beach. Glad to hear you're enjoying yourselves and getting settled.
Post a Comment