This past week, my high school, Liahona, had an alumni celebration. While I missed almost everything that was going on, I was able to still to run into old friends and even make one event. At the one event I went to, I met up with my best friend from high school, Vika Racule (her maiden name, she's married now). It was so fun to see her again and her sisters Margaret, Nancy, and Rajeli. Seeing her younger sisters (Rajeli and Nancy) made me feel a little old, Rajeli was a toddler when we left for college. We sat and talked about the good old days. We had fun in high school. She was the more outgoing one who was very social and an athlete as well. I was the boring nerd. We were in the same ward and both of us lived in the school housing on campus. I remember we were always trying to figure out what to wear to the next dance, cruising around town, talking about boys, boys, and more boys, eating keke and saimini for lunch (I'd probably still eat that today), going to YM/YW. Her mom was our English teacher, my dad was our bishop. It was fun! Now she has her own family (her husband and two boys) and lives in Fiji.
I've been running into a lot of classmates here in Hawaii, hopefully we can get together and have our own class reunion (Class of '93).
5 comments:
Oh fun! Tell them all I said "hi!". You and Vika still look the same!
You look so beautiful! How fun to see all your friends! Terri
Hey Malie! It's me, mom! Finally I get to read the blog! CUTE PICTURES! Can I print them? Jen bookmarked it so I can read it all the time!!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been backtracking and will continue until I read EVERYTHING you've written...this is so GREAT!!
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mom
How great were able to reconnect with your friend. I think that you moving back to Hawaii was just right. You are having so much fun I can tell. I am so happy for you which makes it a lot easier to deal with you not being here. 80)
OH MY GOODNESS! You have to send me an address or email for Vika!!! How is she? I can't believe you had a reunion! Who else did you see? I'm sure you had a blast!
Post a Comment