Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Haunted Lagoon


My kids have been dying (no pun intended) to go on the Haunted Lagoon ride (cue the scary music). The Polynesian Cultural Center put on this cool Halloween event. We kept hearing about how scary it was. Tyler and Leigh couldn't wait. Kara and Micah were sure that they did NOT want to go. Randy, being the great dad that he is, volunteered to hang out with the younger ones. We went early which was good. The line was LOOOOOOOONG! I was very impressed with some of the stuff they had there. The kids and I did a lot of screaming! My favorite was the "Laie Lady". That one freaked me out.



Randy and the kids had fun. They went to the game room at BYUH. They were having a halloween special there. $5 at the door gave them access to everything from bowling to video games, to all the food they had there. Randy and the kids were the only ones there, needless to say, they got the VIP treatment from the student workers. Happy Halloween!

P.S. In case you're wondering, I sprained my hand. How? I'm not sure. I have had few comments made as to what probably happened. "Quit beating your husband" "Quit beating your kids" My favorite was "Did you punch a werewolf" LOL. Inside Twilight joke. None of the above. Hopefully it gets better.

6 comments:

M2 (Melissa) said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! hattie would never go for that kind of thing yet!

Jesmyluk said...

Sounds like lots of spooky fun!! Love the beat the werewolf comment!! Happy Halloweeen!!! We miss you!!

Steph Glazier-Collao said...

Speaking of Twilight...are you going to see the movie (dumb question...of course you will). My friend talked me into going to the midnight showing on opening night. It should be fun :)
And when did PCC get all holiday fancy? Cool.

Malie said...

Oh yeah! Nov. 21sst is my birthday. Can't get any better than that. I'm hoping they will have a midnight showing here as well.

Brooke said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Hope your hand feels better....

Kahanu said...

I've heard so much about the Haunted Lagoon all the way over here in AZ and wish we have been there to go! It sounds like a lot of fun!