It's a Saturday morning, so of course I'm finishing up my shift at work. Randy dropped off three of the kids, and Randy drove off with Leigh to King Intermediate. Today was the District Level of competition for History Day, and she had to be there by 8am to set up her board. As soon as I was done with report, I changed out of my scrubs and the kids and I headed for the bus stop. That's right. Public transportation was our friend today. The kids were actually excited about riding the bus. It was the first time to do so. After 10mins of waiting we hopped on the bus and headed for our 1st stop ---- Laie.



Tyler had a basketball game at 9:15am. We got there in plenty of time for the kids to run around the park and for Tyler to practice and warm up. Tyler's team had only 5 kids show up which meant poor Tyler didn't get much of a break. Considering his team did not have subs, they played a good game even though they lost, by 1 point only though.
Kara and Micah entertaining themselves while I watched Tyler's game.
Kara's masterpiece.After his game, we walked back up to the bus stop to go on to our 2nd destination for the day ----King Intermediate in Kaneohe. We got on the bus and settled in our seats for the 1hr long ride. I thought the kids would be restless, but they were pretty enthralled with the ride that I didn't need to bust out the activities I had brought along. We were dropped off right in front of the school and headed to the cafeteria.
Leigh had just finished interviewing with the judges. We walked and looked at her board as well as all the other students there. We were joined by Randy's parents who came to see Leigh and support her. I wished I had remembered to take a picture of them (sleep depravation, what can I say). Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for coming. The kids LOVE it when they get to be with them. Leigh was really happy they were able to come.To kill time, Randy and the kids were outside playing and taking pictures.



Leigh and her board. It was on George Washington Carver. If you don't know who that is, he's the guy who invented peanut butter, among many other things.
Leigh's focus of her board was on GW Carver's discovery of cotton production and crop rotation.
After lunch, 4 jamba juice smoothies and 2 hrs of waiting, the winners were finally announced. Unfortunately, Leigh was not selected to go onto states. We are still proud of you Leigh. She had done her board all by herself, which I thought was a great accomplishment. I was worried that after all that hard work Leigh would be upset. Not once did she seem sad. She was happy for her friends who made to state. Later she shared with me that she was happy it was all over with and that she was actually glad she didn't make it through. I don't blame her. The last 2 weeks have been long with all the preparations. We packed up, said our good-byes and headed for home. I crashed for about 2hrs.We got up, ate and headed back out to BYUH. We were joined by Jan and her family to go watch the play "Seussical the Muscial".
The kids posing before going in to watch the play.
Jan and her family after watching the play. Thanks for joining us.The play was GREAT!!! BYUH plays never disappoint. They did an excellent job! We had 7 kids with us between the two families ranging from 3 to 11. Everyone of them just sat and watched the whole thing. It was a great production! The price was great too ($2 for kids and $5 for the adults). After our good-byes, we went home. Had something to eat, then hit the sack. I for one was ready for my bed! I know many people always call me crazy when I do things like this (going without sleep for 24+ hr, which isn't often, and no I'm not superwoman), but I just couldn't miss out on all this fun with my family.
8 comments:
Sounds like a lot of crazy fun! I can't believe how different the kids already look - especially Kara and Micah. They're growing up so fast! Congrats to Tyler on his bball game and Leigh on her GW Carver project - the board looked amazing! I can't believe she did it all on her own - very impressive. Glad you all had a wonderful day together!
i have been wondering what kind of day it was, now I know. What a great mom you are. Did you know I went to King Intermediae - many years ago. I hear it is different - not good. Whew, what a day for you! You have a great family!
Malie I don't care what you say you are super mom. Its sounds and looks like it was an amazing day for everyone!
Randy what great pics of the kids outside. Leigh you look very pretty today and the poster looked amazing. I am glad, for your sake, that for you, it is all over. Now you can breathe again. =)
Malie go get some sleep would ya? Geesh! Love you guys and miss you all!!!
Whew, I'm tired from just reading that! Isn't funny how the kids get so excited to ride the bus!? Tyler's game was at the park across the street from my parents-good memories in that old park! Sounds like his team did an awesome job! Leigh's project looks amazing! I am so impressed! Sorry she didn't make states but maybe it was like Kawika's geography bee-boy was he glad he didn't win! It looks like she worked really hard! Looks like a fun day for all!
You are amazing Malie!
Oh wow you are soooo busy!! You are so organized, I love it. Leigh's progect is so cute!! Miss you guys!
Great job Malie! Congrats to your kids. They are smart like their mommy. Leigh kinda reminds me of you when you were her age.
Hey Malie were having a small kine niu family potlock at my house on sunday about 5ish? You know hawaiian kine time, But leland and Whity are coming for ewa and I emailed Diana. Sad I have no one's numbers. Im sorry its so last min. That is the story of my life Shaun say's:) but let me know if you guys can make it. It will be at our house on the Coner. Hope you guys can make it.
Post a Comment