Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Monday!

For those of you reading, this post is not meant to brag, but a happy memory for our family to read about later when I turn this year's blog into a book.

Today's Monday was a happy one. Randy stayed home sick today. While I don't cherish the thought of my loved ones feeling ill, it was nice to have his company all day today, while the kids were at school (is it wrong to call that a date. LOL). I found myself smiling at the store while buying some juice. Why, well, because it was for my husband. I just enjoy taking care of my family, and it's those little things that make me happy.

I was able to accomplish quite a bit in the way of cleaning, laundry, and even those miscellaneous "office duties" we have. When my children came home, my two younger ones were excited. Both had been chosen to be "Super Raider" for the class for this month's "Super Raider Assembly". Kara was a little miffed that she has to share the spotlight with Micah. "Why did he have to get super raider for this month?!" LOL. Micah has put in his order of candylei's and balloons. Hmmmm. We'll see.

Wait now, it doesn't stop there.

Leigh called from school to tell me that she had been chosen to go to district level for the History Day Project. She worked hard on her display board, all on her own. She chose to do her subject on "G.W. Carver". Let me just say, I grew up in Tonga, where I learned Tongan History. I had no idea who G.W. Carver was until Leigh told me. It was a great choice I thought, someone I wouldn't have thought of. Then again, I didn't even know the guy existed (haha). She is nervous. Districts will be held at King Intermediate, where she said she will be interviewed by the judges. Congratulations Leigh, Kara, and Micah!

3 comments:

Darth Mama said...

I was wondering what you were talking about on fb, now i know. congrats.... great accomplishments!

Jenna said...

Your kids are always so successful in school, that's awesome!! We miss you guys!

Kahanu said...

I love it when I get to have my husband at home. And congrats to your kids! They all shound like they are doing so well!! Good luck to Leigh!