Thursday, June 11, 2009

Cub Scout Day Camp ---- Day 1

Man am I exhausted!!! Today was the first day of day camp for my Cub Scouts. Through the wonderful support of my husband and friends who took care of my younger kids, I was able to go the whole day and be with my Bears. This year, day camp was held at the nearby ranch, Gunstock Ranch. It was awesome. The kids did so many things and I tried to take so many pictures.


The boys gathered up waiting for the program to start.

First activity for the day was a hike discussing "Leave No Trace" guidelines.

The hike led to this really awesome cave that the boys had to climb down into.

Den time was next where the boys had to come up with a flag, skit and song for our den to perform on the last day.

Tying knots.


Archery. The boys loved this one.

They also loved the BB Gun shooting.

Even us leaders got into it. That's me at the bottom.

Lunch Break!!! We were starving before our day began.

At the end, we were entertained with a Lion dance. I thought it was kind of random, but still fun to watch.


Tyler and another boy from our ward took the flag down for the closing ceremony at the end of our first day.

Folding the flag.

It was a fun day, but a tiring one. The boys were pretty well behaved. We did a lot of walking and I'm ready for bed. Gotta be up for the next day.

1 comment:

wittygal said...

Looks like so much fun. Do you love Cub Scouts? I love Cub Scouts. Mostly because they don't care about all of the things that I normally care about (the foo foo stuff)they just want to have a good time. Simple, dirty and just plain FUN.