First up (as we are trying to recuperate from Micah's B-Day celebrations), Tyler had a hike this morning. He's accomplishing so much in scouts, we didn't want to keep him from going on this hike. Randy joined them, seeing as at the moment, it is only Tyler who seems to be attending 11 year old scouts.
There were some monk seals on the beach. They had just had a baby.
There were some monk seals on the beach. They had just had a baby.After the hike, we all rushed over to Aunty Tasha's funeral. Aunty Tasha passed away from breast cancer. We were very sad to see her go, but glad that she is not suffering any more. I think because the kids knew her from church and school, they really did not want to miss the funeral. We all got dressed and headed over there. The services were great. The talks given were uplifting. She was a great example of keeping the faith no matter what happens to you.
After the funeral, we headed home for a 2 hour rest, then got ready for some swimming. Randy and I were exhausted by this point, but this was our annual ward pool party to end summer and we knew the kids did not want to miss out.
It was a fun day, but boy am I tired. It has been quite the week! I think the kids are ready to go back to school -------------- at least I am.











No comments:
Post a Comment