Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!!

It's that time of year again, the Kahuku Elementary's Annual Sweetheart Luncheon. I love participating in this activity. It's fun to see all the kids with their parents having lunch everywhere in the school.

We set up our picnic outside.

Our resident baby. He follows us everywhere we go. You'd think we were his parents or something ; ).

Micah had lunch with us first. He was happy to see us. Every time we're late (like 3 mins), our kids always think that we've forgotten them.

Here's the spread. They requested McDonald's, but I just couldn't do it. McDonald's food is just not romantic enough for a holiday such as this. So instead we had Dino Nuggets (microwaveable), cause that's so much better, along with tater tots, strawberries, grapes, and juice.

Dessert was extra special. I tried a new recipe: salted fudge brownies. It was good. After the luncheon, I took it home and cooked it longer and it turned out so fudgie.

Tyler and Kara came a little later. They were pleasantly surprised with the spread and ate up.

As for my Valentine's. Well, my wonderful hubby was so on the ball, and had ordered me a box of Big Island Candies, that came last week. He was trying to surprise me, but I was home when the box arrived and it said, "BIG ISLAND CANDIES" on the box. I told him that it was still a surprise. I was lame this year and just got Randy a card. He's so good though and loved it anyway.

Happy Valentine's!!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

What a cool school tradition! And your baby is getting so big!

Tiana and Papa Sika said...

I like reading and catching up on your posts ...looks like a yummy valentine lunch!

Malie said...

@ Jenna - It is fun and yes, he is pretty big. I think he's hitting aboput 16 lbs.

@ Tiana - Aawwh. Thanks!

JeanAnitaNiu said...

HI LEIGH!
HI TYLER!
HI KARA!
HI MICAH!
HI JACE!
Grandma & Grandpa Niu just LOVE reading your blog. You are all adorable and extremely smart!! Must get that from me (just kidding) ...WE miss you so all so much! BIG HUGS & KISSES TO ALL OF OUR MOKOPUNA's!