Thursday, April 24, 2008

I love a good recipe




Along with blogging, another hobby of mine is collecting recipes. I saw this recipe on another friend's, friend's blog (did you get that?). I LOOOOOVE chocolate and mint together, it puts me in my happy place! I saved it for a special occasion, my book discussion. It turned out yummylicious (say that 5 times fast)! A couple of people asked for the recipe, so here it is and enjoy.

Grasshopper brownies
Brownies:
2 boxes brownie mix
Mint Frosting: 
4 cups powdered sugar
 
1 cup soft butter
 
2 Tbsp. water
 
1 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
 
4 drops green food coloring
 
Chocolate Topping:

12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup butter 
1) 
To make the Brownies follow the recipe for "cake-like" brownies. Or if their isn't one, add 3 more eggs. Pour into a large, greased cookie sheet, bake and let cool completely
 
2) 
To make the mint frosting, combine powdered sugar, butter, water, peppermint extract and food coloring. Mix. Spread over cooled brownies and refrigerate until hard on top.

3) To make chocolate topping microwave chocolate chips and butter for 2 minutes. Stir until all chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. Add 1-2 tsp. peppermint extract. As soon as this mixture thickens and is no longer hot, spread over mint topping on brownies. Put back into the refrigerator until hard.
4) Enjoy! This batch feeds a lot by the way.

1 comment:

Jesmyluk said...

Thank you so much for putting that recipe up so quickly! Those brownies were so yummy! I cannot wait to make them for my family! You cannot leave us I will miss you so much!!!