
They say that "one man's trash is another man's treasure". Judging by the number of people that didn't even get out of their car to look, they all must have thought it was trash as well. My friend hosted a community yard sale, so I decided to take some things over that we didn't want or use and see if I could make some money from it. After motivating my kids with the money they would get to keep from selling stuff they don't play with, I was bombarded with a plethora of old toys, books, bags and games. I quickly set to work pricing it all. That was a little tricky. My 7 y.o. couldn't understand why selling her used Bratz BackPack for $10.00 was unreasonable. After convincing her to lower the price tag to $1.00, I hurried over and set up shop in my friend Lori's driveway at 7:30 am. I sat there for 4 + hrs and made a total of $13.00 selling 2 items. If this were a real job, I would be in financial trouble because I made only $3.00/hr sitting there. I couldn't believe that no one wanted to buy my abslide (remember that) or my complete set of "The Firm II", it's just beyond me. My two older kids made popcorn and cookies to sell. They actually had more business in the 30 minutes that they were there than I did all morning. Most of that business was from me. Seeing as I spent about $4.00 on them, I went home with $9.00 to my name. I guess it's off to Goodwill now. Next time I'll just have a bake sale.
No comments:
Post a Comment