
The obsession continues. Ok, when you're counting down the days till the
4th book comes out, and also when the movie comes out, what do you do in the mean time? You hold a party -------- oh, I meant a book discussion with all your Twilight obsessed friends (disclaimer, not all are obsessed). I invited the ladies from the ward to come to my house for a book discussion of Eclipse. Those of you familiar with the books, I know what you're thinking, Eclipse came out in August 2007. We've been a little busy, what can I say. We finally got together tonight and dissected the book, shared our favorite parts, declared the ones we hated, and theorized about what Breaking Dawn will bring. By the way, my favorite part, hmmmmm, when Edward asks Bella to marry him and you see how happy that makes him (I actually have many favorite parts in the book). Least favorite part, easy, I hate when Bella figures out that she's also in love with Jacob as well! You may have guessed, I'm a total Edward fan!! And yes my husband is very much aware of Edward and yes, I know Edward is not real. Truth be told, Randy is my Edward (I know, I know, go ahead and puke). Those of you who don't know what I'm talking about ---- you need to go out and buy the books (beware though, they turn you into a bad, bad, bad mom). Anyhow, we all had fun. We did this about a year ago and discussed the 1st two books, Twilight and New moon and had a blast! We of course ended the evening with a discussion of the movie. Yes, they are making a movie of the 1st book. The movies comes out Dec. 12th, 2008. December never seemed so far away before (big sigh). Well, those of us who are pathetically obsessed (I include myself in this category), do have things to keep us occupied until then, right. You figure, May 31st the 1st chapter of Breaking Dawn comes out, along with the book cover. You know we'll discuss that for at least a week and somehow, we'll figure out how to make the cover art the backdrop on our desktops. August 2nd, Breaking Dawn hits the bookstores and we will (hopefully) know the fate of Bella (yes, I hope she becomes a vampire). Somewhere between all that, an official trailer for the movie will be released to hold us over till December 12th. Uggggh! Who am I kidding, it's still 8 months away (you can scroll down to the bottom for a more accurate count from the widget). Well Twilighters, we'll just have to be satisfied with all the tidbits of news we get from the movie set stalkers, and keep replaying those MTV video clips they've posted. Till then, happy countdown.
Some of the girls around the island discussing more of the book.
This actually is a small representation of the Twilight fans in the ward. Not all could make it. These ladies are great and I will miss them. From L to R: Lori Webb, Jamie Bloom, Amy Waite, Dustin Westover, Me, Jessica Coward (in the back), Jenna Dean, Jenny Taylor (in the back), Ashley Bluth, Doreen LeNguyen.

The ladies hung around after we officially ended at around 10 pm. I think I said good-bye to the last guest at around 11:30 pm. Thanks for coming ladies.
The ladies hung around after we officially ended at around 10 pm. I think I said good-bye to the last guest at around 11:30 pm. Thanks for coming ladies.
4 comments:
We probably would have stayed even longer but we knew Micah needed to go to sleep. LOL
It was a great time Malie, thanks again for everything! You are the master of book discussions! I think it has to do with that awesome memory of yours...
Thanks for having us!
Oh Jenna, I don't know about being a master. I felt like I lost control a couple times during the discussion, but it was still fun. I still have fun when things get chaotic because you kinda see the real person when that happens. Glad you had fun.
Post a Comment