Today, the kids and I were kind of stuck in the house all day because I told Randy to take the van. We decided that for FHE, we would go to the beach and eat our refreshments there. Mind you, we were taking chances with Tyler still in his cast. We were told that he should not get sand in it because it could rub against his skin and give him sores. We had FHE and packed the kids in the van and headed to Temple Beach. Temple Beach is about 7 mins from our house. It is the beach where I was baptized. This is also the first time that we are letting our kids near the beach. We got there and I wrapped a plastic grocery bag around Tyler's cast. We got to the beach and the kids were in awe. They ate their cookie and started playing in the sand.

Micah and Kara were especially spellbound by the water. They had fun running up and down the shore. Tyler did fine until he kneeled down in the sand. We had to carefully dust off the sand from his knee at an angle so the sand wouldn't fall into the cast (only 3 more days till it's off). Before we left, I stopped and asked Micah if he liked the beach. His reply was, "Yeah! It's better than Nerf guns!" (LOL) That comment was too cute!

Micah and Kara were especially spellbound by the water. They had fun running up and down the shore. Tyler did fine until he kneeled down in the sand. We had to carefully dust off the sand from his knee at an angle so the sand wouldn't fall into the cast (only 3 more days till it's off). Before we left, I stopped and asked Micah if he liked the beach. His reply was, "Yeah! It's better than Nerf guns!" (LOL) That comment was too cute!
4 comments:
Wow...looking at those pictures, the only thing I can think is "why didn't you leave AZ earlier?" or, "why'd you leave Hawaii in the first place?" Absolutely beautiful! And it looks like the kids are really having fun - that's so awesome! Dang, I'd love to have a cookie on a Hawaiian beach (7 minutes from my house) for FHE! Soak it up for the rest of us poor saps stuck here in the summer desert :O)
Believe it or not, even though I'm enjoying it here, I still miss AZ (partly because of the people). Reading The Host made me miss it.
OMG, the beach looks sooo good, I miss it! I do have to say that Lupe cried when she saw your kids on the beach and told me she wants to go too and play with her cousins. I told her we would go visit as soon as we can!
Luv,
Tiana
Aaahh! Tiana, you tell Lupe if she comes we will go to the beach everyday!
Post a Comment