Sunday, September 7, 2008

AZ Trip (just the two of us)

Randy and I just returned from AZ. He and I flew up there from some business, but we made sure to throw in some fun. We went up to prep our house for potential renters. We arrived there in the wee hours of the morning of Sept. 4th (thank you Sara and Lowell for being more than willing to pick us up and take us back to the airport!).


For 3 days, we scrubbed, painted, mowed, wiped and scoured. And even though it was a lot of work, we had fun with it just being the two of us. I don't think we have ever been by ourselves for that long without kids (thank you to Randy's parents). It was great! It was like being on a long date. And I have to say that it was fun to be in a familiar place (I snuck out and jumped on the trampoline a few times). Before I forget, I have to say that we have the best neighbors up there. They've helped watch over our home for us. They even mowed our yard, checked on other things as well. Thank you again Smith's, Montgomery's, and Griffin's. We saw a few other friends while we were up there. I was even able to make it to a Breaking Dawn book discussion with my girls from the ward.
When we took our breaks, we made sure to hit the places that we missed: Chipotle, Applebees, Ritters, Arrowhead Mall. I didn't do much shopping but I did try to find a swimsuit. Alas, I was not successful, but it was fun looking. The house is ready for tenants. We were both sad to leave it (yes, I cried again). I think more so because we are not sure exactly when are next trip up will be. Despite our sadness to leave that chapter behind, we both know that Hawaii is where we need to be at this time.

4 comments:

shannen said...

It was great to see you again, even if for just a short time. I'm so glad you were able to come to the book discussion because it really wouldn't have been the same without you ;o) Thank you Randy for sharing your wife with us on your 'extended date'!

jaordyna said...

Oh, so fun! I bet that was awesome seeing old friends. We haven't been back since we left. I heard you were moving. How long have you had your house on the market? No luck selling or are you planning to move back?

Malie said...

We're keeping our options open.

The Bluths said...

I'm sad I missed the book discussion! I left that day for vacation myself, what rotten timing.