Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mystery Calling

Ok, so since I've moved here, I've been asked what my calling is. Back in June, I was called and set apart to be a primary instructor. However, my exact assignment was not given to me. I was told that they weren't ready to tell me what it is they called me for. Hmmmmm. I know, weird huh. So every time someone asked me what my calling is, I just replied with a laugh and say, "I don't know. I have one, but I don't know what it is yet." Well, we recently got a new bishopric called. The new 2nd counselor called to meet with me. I was extended the calling (that I already had, but didn't know), to be the new "Bear Den Leader". I was told that this was the calling the old primary presidency intended me to have. I was called --- yes, again, this time with the title of Bear Den Leader this time. So the question is, since I was called twice, do I get set apart twice. I know, I know, technicalities. Seeing as my husband has been in the bishopric twice, I posed this question to him. Needless to say, I stumped him. We'll have to see what the bishopric decides. As far as my new calling goes, I'm actually VERY excited about it. It is something that I have never done, but feel very ecstatic about the new challenge. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

shannen said...

haha! That's so funny! I can't believe that you've had a calling since June and are just now finding out what it is. I know they say things move slower on the island, but still.... Congrats on being the new Bear Den Leader - that should be a lot of fun for you! Good luck (you won't need it, but you requested it, so there you go)!

Dean and Jenni said...

Ya - I don't think you get set apart twice .. just say and do everything twice - that should cover it, LOL

Unknown said...

I'm the webelos leader in my ward and I love it! Hopefully it'll be fun for you to. I'm surprised they set you apart the first time. Twice can't hurt.

Kahanu said...

That's pretty funny! Yeah in Hawaii we make up our own rules! haha