Well, another busy Saturday come and gone. This time I did have some sleep. Tyler's game was canceled this morning, unfortunately, we didn't find this out until after Randy left with Leigh. So Kara and Tyler and I hopped on the bus again, headed for the same place, King Intermediate to support Leigh. This time it was for volleyball. Leigh has been doing volleyball since she was eight. Since moving here, we signed her up for a little more serious play. She has just loved every minute of doing volleyball on the club level, two hours a day, three days a week. Leigh had a tournament today. She was nervous and excited. We arrived in time to catch the end of a game. She played well, being consistent with her plays. During the tournament, the girls take turns being the referee for other games going on. It was kind of cool. Leigh was the head ref during her turn, so she was the one standing up high at the net blowing the whistle. It took her a while to be confident in her calls, but by the end she was good. That whistle though is trickier than it looks. LOL.

Ready to dig.


Snack break!

Leigh played from 8am-1pm, when she was done she said she had so much fun.

For some more family time, we hit Zippy's before heading home. Most of the family was in a saimin mood. Of course we hit the bakery section before leaving.
We were exhausted when we got home. We took naps and woke up groggy for dinner. Later that night, Leigh and I snuck away to BYUH. They were having a 9:30pm showing of Twilight. It was such a fun mommy-daughter time. BYUH just happened to be doing extra stuff that night. They held the movie showing in the CAC, and were giving out free popcorn and other movie snacks. She and I watched the movie. She enjoyed seeing it. We headed home even more tired and ready to hit the hay. I feel so blessed right now for many things, particularly for my family and the time we get to spend with each other.
3 comments:
She obviously takes after her super-fit mum! You are amazing Malie.
again - so lucky! We sure miss seeing you guys. I bet Leigh had a fantastic time - Awesome Leigh!
woohoo, way to go Leigh, I hope Lupe takes an interest in sports when she gets older too. Hopefully one of these days I can come and watch one of your games when we come to visit!
luv,
Aunty Tiana
Post a Comment