Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Tyler!

This is my Tyler! It was only 10 years ago that I had him (big sigh). All 9 lbs 5 oz of him (bigger sigh). He's a great kid. He's very artistic, not afraid to try new things, friendly, a great Cub Scout, and a good brother and son.

Tyler's birthday is actually tomorrow (May 10th), but we wanted to outdoor stuff, so we celebrated a day early. We let Tyler choose the activities and a special meal for dinner. We got up, bought supplies and headed to the beach for some fishing. It was a windy day, not the best conditions at all for fishing but we did it anyway. Despite the fact the kids caught nothing but reef, they had fun.



Tyler's favorite food - the ever popular "spam musubi".

Kara and Micah exploring while we were getting the fishing poles ready.

Well, it was more like daddy getting things ready. Even though I had a father who is an avid fisher, I have no idea how to do this kind of stuff.

I take it back about the part of "not catching anything". On the way to our fishing spot, the kids caught crabs to use as bait. Tyler's holding the biggest one they caught.

Kara, testing out her pole.

Tyler trying to catch a big one. It seemed like we weren't in the best spot I think.

Not sure why my camera is giving my pictures a blue tint.

Tyler standing on water (heehee).


When we were done "fishing", we headed to a different part of the beach just to swim. Micah I think is challenging the waves.



After the beach, we went home for a break and had some pizza for lunch. We opened up presents. Then recuped and headed back out. Tyler's been on a sushi craze so we headed for Ninja Sushi. They have the Tiger and Lion Maki and that Tyler and I always order.

I think this is the Lion Maki. Sooooooo GOOD!!!!

Tyler enjoying his Tiger Maki.

Micah enjoying his shrimp.

Afterwards, we headed home to have Tyler's cake. I made him an 'ice-cream sandwich cake'. It was soooooo good and so easy to make. I would have taken a picture but we ate it too quickly.

HAPPY 10TH BIRTHDAY TYLER!!!

2 comments:

The Maire Family said...

I know this is really late in coming but Happy Birthday Tyler! Looks like you had a really fun day.

Tiana and Papa Sika said...

Happy Belated Birthday Tyler ... we love you!
Aunty Tiana, Uncle Papa, Lupe & Martin