Saturday, May 16, 2009

Our First Visitors From Arizona

We had a visit from a former co-worker of Randy's from his GCC days. Her name is Dina. She vacationed here in Hawaii with a friend and contacted us. We were so glad to meet up with her. It had been 4 years since we last saw her. It was fun. We had brunch. I LOVE brunch so I had fun cooking things up. I made lemon poppy seed, blueberry and apple crunch muffins, fruit salad, and some mini-breakfast burritos. Too bad I didn't take a picture of that. We had our meal at the beach and hung out for a while. Later, Randy took Dina and her friend over to the Polynesian Cultural Center. It was so fun to catch up with our friends from our AZ life. We are still waiting for more to come visit. Speaking of which, we actually have more friends coming in the next couple of weeks, CAN'T WAIT!


Tyler showing off his catch. It looks a little creepy to me.

The kids had so much fun at the place. They call it alligator pond. No, there aren't any alligators here, but there is a rock formation that looks like one. I should have taken a picture of it.

There were tons of fish here. We should have come here for Tyler's birthday.

The fishers keep at it.

Tyler made a little pool to put the fish he caught in.


We stayed a little longer than planned, which meant we forgot to do things like put lots of sunscreen on. We didn't get burned too bad, but enough that the kids understand WHY I slather them up in it. We ended the day with a movie at BYUH. An oldie but goodie ---- "Princess Bride". They will be doing that play in a couple of weeks. I'm curious to see it.

1 comment:

Tiana and Papa Sika said...

Alligator pool looks like a really fun spot, you guys will have to take us there when we visit!