Thursday, June 4, 2009

It's official ----- We Now Have a Beehive

Today was Leigh's birthday --- her 12th birthday to be exact. Such a big milestone for her and our family. Now that she's 12, all kinds of things are happening. She is officially a Beehive. A day that she's been waiting for since turning 11 (LOL). She gets to participate in youth activities every week. To celebrate her special day, she and I had a girls' day out.

A malasada treat to start out the day.

In our family, when you turn 12, you get to have your ears pierced. She was excited for that! We shopped around for clothes for a little bit. Had some lunch together and grabbed a treat at Cold Stone before heading home.

A new haircut to end the day.

After a dinner at home and a movie, we sang Happy Birthday and ate cake (chocolate haupia to be exact from Ted's Bakery. So good!!).

We are so blessed to have this special girl in our lives. She's smart, she's good at volleyball, she can make friends with everyone, she has a sweet spirit. She's a great cook! She is a wonderful help to me! I don't know what I would do without her. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEIGH!

2 comments:

Wisconsin Watsons said...

What a beauty! I can't believe she is 12...where does the time go?

The Maire Family said...

Wow Leigh, you look just like your mom! I can't believe it Malie! Happy birthday Leigh.