Thursday, March 20, 2008

A 4 y.o. in charge of FHE Lesson




This past Monday (3/17/08), Micah was in charge of the lesson. We try to let the kids do their own thing for their assignments with FHE so that they feel that they are really participating. Well, Micah decided that we were going to make bug cages. Why? He doesn't know himself. Then I reminded him that we really didn't have anything to build a bug cage out of, and instead suggested taking some of my dispensible containers and using those for a bug hunt. He was all for that. When he made his announcement at FHE of what we were doing, everyone just looked at him, then me, to verify if this information was true. I smiled big and said, "Yup! Get a jacket". We were losing daylight and it was cold outside. 

So the pictures are of the kids out back looking for bugs. I think because of the sudden cold weather, there were no bugs to be found. So we tried in the front yard. Needless to say, it was a reluctant hunt. Finally, I suggested that we go inside (because I was freezing), and draw a picture of our favorite bug. Micah was a little disappointed we couldn't find any bugs and decided that that was a good idea as well. It was fun, just sitting around drawing bugs. I should have taken a picture of them. It's funny to see what are the priorities of a 4 y.o. when it comes to our spiritual well-being. After all, bugs were created by our Heavenly Father as well.

No comments: