Monday, March 10, 2008

Spring Break - Day 1

Today is the first day of Spring Break for the kids. I don't know about everyone else, but I actually am happy when the kids aren't in school (for 1 week). It's a lot of work to get them ready and out the door. I do enjoy having them around as well. This morning we went down to the orthodontist for one last check on Leigh's retainer and the progress of Tyler's teeth. Leigh's doing good. Tyler's check-up had some issues that I'm trying to figure out how to deal with. One more thing to add to the stress plate.  Otherwise the kids are doing great. After coming home this morning, we worked on some chores, then the older kids had friends over. Leigh had McKayla over (a good friend in the ward). Together, they made some pizza for us, the dough and everything. They made a pepperoni pizza and a BBQ chicken one. Both were good but we didn't eat until 3pm. That may have been dinner as well. Tyler has a friend from school over. 
Leigh and I are supposed to be performing a hula at our ward luau on March 22nd. It is going to be combined with another ward, who has a Tongan family in their ward and will be performing as well. This should be fun. The menu is NOT Hawaiian Haystacks! It looks like some sort of real hawaiian food. We shall see. I think I saw on the flyer that there will be a roasted pig (or something to that affect). I will be glad to eat local food again when we get back to Hawaii. So will Randy, he misses the poi and poke! Anyhow, Leigh and I were trying to practice today. It will be a cute dance, we will post a video of it. 
Not much else to say. We are making some progress with our move. Randy is going to be down in Hawaii by April 21st and the rest of us, as soon as the house gets rented. Hopefully soon! We are in the process of getting it ready. SO MUCH TO THINK ABOUT!!!! 

No comments: