Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day (it was yesterday)


This is a family tradition that we do every year in our family, eat (what I guess is) Irish food. Is this right Jessica? We always have Corned Beef, Irish soda bread, red potatoes, and something with cabbage. Although, this year I forgot to do something with the cabbage, so it's sitting in my fridge. I might do something else with it tomorrow. This kids love corned beef. And in case you are wondering, no we don't have a drop of Irish in us, but we like to eat their food :) (oh gosh, now I'm doing those dang smiley faces). Yeah, no Irish, but it's fun to learn about other countries and peoples. Tyler learned a lot today in school from his teacher who has been to Ireland. She's a red head, she could be Irish. He shared all the things he had learned at dinner  last night. 

Here are some pictures of other things we did yesterday. After many days of trying to detangle hair and a couple of gallons of conditioner, we decided to chop the girls' hair. It was an agreed consensus to do it between the girls and I. And who doesn't love to get their haircut? The girls both LOVE their hair cuts. Just a plain and simple straight cut, but shorter and more manageable. Thank you Shelby for doing that for me!

P.S. Okay, after typing this up, I was on Shannen's blog and she says that corned beef is not an Irish food. Whatever. We eat it anyway for St. Patrick's day. See what we know. Haha! I guess that's like everyone here making Hawaiian Haystacks at Luau's. There, we're even (LOL).

1 comment:

Jesmyluk said...

No Corned beef and cabbage are not your typical suthentic Irish meal. But they are an american Irish food so it counts. BTW your soda bread is suposed to be cut across both ways, before you bake it, to 'let the little people out'. Just thought you ought to know. 80P