
Yesterday the kids' school, Canyon Ridge, had a carnival. It was fun. We weren't sure if we were going to make it, with the 1 million and 1 things we have to do before we leave. We were able to squeeze it in. After Saturday morning chores, a quick trip to Target for curtains, we headed over to the school. The day was warm, but had a nice breeze going. As soon as we got there, we let the two older kids just go and be on their own. While standing in line for food, we hear an announcement that "Mr. Dean (the kids' school principal), has been dunked!". Later we found out that it was our sweet Leigh who did that. Poor Mr. Dean. Later, after I had left for a baptism, Micah was able to dunk the vice Principal, Mr. West. Maybe we need to look at some softball or baseball for these kids. There was food, games, rides and prizes. That red thing that Leigh is in is called the Tumbleweed. Need I explain more how it works. I refused to let her have any lunch before she went on that thing. The kids had fun. I'm glad we were able to take time out and let me them enjoy that.

If you look at the pictures of the dunk tank, there are homes behind it. That's our neighborhood, just a little FYI for those of you who've never been here. It's so nice to be that close to the school. The picture with the mom in the blue shirt is Lori Webb and her son TJ. She's the mom of the boys that my boys play with all the time. She's such a fun person!

Later that day, we had a visit from Uncle Paul (my dad's brother and his wife Suzie). He drove out to get our van to fix the a/c. Good thing it's only March. It was a nice little visit. I was put on-call for work that night (YES!), and we all watched "The Bee Movie". The kids liked it, Randy and I weren't so crazy about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment