
Tonight, Canyon Ridge had their end of the year band concert. Leigh is one of 4 flute players in the band. When she came home that first day explaining that she was going to play the flute, I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm a piano player myself, I have no idea how to play those wind instruments. I have to say that I've been very impressed with Leigh. From day 1, she has put in the effort needed to play the flute. At Christmas time, she auditioned to play a solo and was given the part. She did well that night. Tonight, she was able to play a solo piece as well. The kids pick a song for a solo that they have not covered in band yet, and learn it on their own. Leigh played the "Can-Can" song. She did well. Later I will post the video. Brava Leigh and encore!
No comments:
Post a Comment