Saturday, November 29, 2008

Cub-O-Ree


This morning the cub scouts in the stake had an activity called "Cub-O-Ree". I was serving double duty at this activity. I went as a den leader and was also asked to be the official First Aid Person. There was supposed to be two us at the First Aid Station, but only I was able to make it, so I was more the First Aid than the Den Leader. That was fine by me. That meant I got the snacks they had on hand for the staff as well as my own tent with a cot. Seeing as I was sick, that cot looked really cozy, but I resisted. Anyhow, enough about me.
Tyler and my bears had so much fun at this activity.

The theme was Olympic games.
They played several different sports. My personal favorite that the adults got to join in was a local game they play here called "Sham Battle". What is it? Well, kind of like a complicated game of Dodge Ball.




The ominous clouds that hovered all morning finally gave way. Run boys run! (Notice I'm not out there. LOL).

We ended a little early, which was fine. I think the boys (me included), were tired and ready to go home. As far as my First Aid Station duties ---- out of about 50 or 60 boys that were there, only 1 injury.
Guess who?


Seriously.


Are you even surprised?


In case you're wondering. It was a soccer ball to the face. Results, a REALLY bloody nose and a fat lip to go with it.

4 comments:

shannen said...

hehe...that's funny about Tyler. Looks like it was quite the cub-o-ree! Sorry you were sick for it :(

Jesmyluk said...

Oh my goodness Tyler!!! Yuu should be wrapped in bubble wrap from head to toe! LOL Classic Tyler!! And no, I was not surprised, that he was the one that got injured. he he

A.Niu said...

Poor thing. I told you guys the kids here are crazy ruff when it comes to sport. They will run over there own parents, Baby brother and there dog to make a goal. Good ol' kahuku spirit. LOL. I hope he's ok. Happy Holidays.

Dean and Jenni said...

Maybe Tyler threw his face infront of the ball to protect his foot? Lol? Oh well...