Saturday, May 10, 2008

Awesome Birthday!


Today was Tyler's birthday, and I have to say, he had a pretty great 24 hrs leading up to the special occasion. Last night was the Father's-Son Camp-out. As you all know, Randy is not here at the moment, so Tyler's best friend Dalton's dad invited Micah and Tyler to go with them on the camp-out. Tyler LOVES to go camping. I got them all packed up and they left. With the past couple weeks of doctor office visits and ER trips, I was nervous about letting the boys go. I felt like now I was contributing to any accidents that were potentially awaiting my sons in those mountains. Needless to say, little prayers in my heart were being said for the next 24 hrs. That was Micah's first time away from home without mom or dad. At 12pm, they came home weary and tired, but in one piece (thanks Bro. Webb for watching them). It was hard to get details from the boys, but from what I could gather there were smores, bebe guns, archery, campfires, and cold temperatures ---- all in all, the camping trip was AWESOME! Although, they did share they do not want to ever go back up to that camp site again because it was at the top of a very high mountain. They went to Mingus Mountain in Prescott (Northern AZ). The boys vegged out for a bit, then we all got ready to go to Peter Piper Pizza for Tyler's birthday. We ordered pizza, friends came, we ate, they played all the games they could, got prizes, ate tooooo much candy, topped with cake, and sent them home with their parents (sorry about the sugar high you all had to deal with). Tyler's friends Kieran, Dalton, and TJ were the ones who came. They all had fun. On the way home, Tyler thanked me for the birthday party. When he talked to his dad before going to bed, I heard him say, "The birthday was fun!" That made me smile. HAPPY 9th BIRTHDAY TYLER, we LOVE you!!!!!!!!!!

(TL) Kids helping divide up tokens before friends arrive. (TR) Tyler getting ready to blow out candles. (BL) Micah with his tickets he won. (BR) The kids enjoying their pizza. My camera battery died so there aren't very many good pictures.

3 comments:

Jesmyluk said...

Tyler & Malie...thanks for inviting Kieran he had a blast!!! Glad to hear Tyler liked his Birthday too, although who wouldn't it was at Peter Piper's Pizza. Games, pizza, games, cakes, games, candy, games, friends, games and prizes! Score. Happy Birthday Tyler!

shannen said...

I'm glad that the boys survived camp and had a great time. PPP sounds like it was fun - happy birthday Tyler!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Tyler, hope you had fun and have a great trip to Hawaii. We will try to come visit you all asap! Love and miss ya,
Aunty Tiana, Uncle Papa and cousin Lupe