Saturday, May 3, 2008

It Begins

Things are rolling with our move. This truck with a massive trailer came to our house on Thursday. It came right as the kids were coming home from school. It was quite a spectacle to watch. We all stood in the driveway watching the driver drive our van up this rickety ramp. To be honest, I was a little scared for our vehicle, but had to trust that this guy knew what he was doing. He got it up there and drove off to California to take it to the dock at Long Beach. Having done a lot of moving over the Pacific Ocean, getting things from here to there are not that big a deal. I guess everyone who have never left the continent of North America, this is a big mystery. Not that I've minded at all, but it actually surprises me when I get the question of "How do you get your stuff to Hawaii?" I laugh and explain that it gets put on a big boat.

4 comments:

shannen said...

Yeah, it may be commonplace to you to move across oceans, but to us "mainlanders" it seems like quite the daunting task. I mean, you know that your stuff has to go on a big boat, but how in the world do you know how/where to find that boat? It's all fascinating stuff to think about! ;o)

On a more serious note, I teared up when I saw the picture. Something about seeing your van actually being loaded made it seem too real. I'm still in denial country here!

Malie said...

Aaaah, Shannen. I'm seriously so touched that you are that sad. Like I said, very mixed emotions. I do feel like Arizona is also home to me with all of you guys.

Jesmyluk said...

No crying allowed...yet. Its not like we'll never see each other again...at least thats what I keep telling myself. We are but a blog or email or phone call away. with that said...PLEASE DON'T LEAVE US!!!!

M2 (Melissa) said...

What are you doing without your cars? I am jealous that you will be back in Hawaii but not jealous about all the moving business! Augh!