These are our pets. Some of you may be thinking "I didn't know the Sasaki's had pets". Allow me to explain these pets come and go as they please and we hold no legal responsibility to them. Our kids are always begging us for a pet. It's usually a request for a dog, other days it's been for a cat or a bunny or a snake even. I smile and tell my children that we have pets, the bunny that frequents our front yard for food, the birds that have taken refuge under our eaves, and the neighbor cat that finds "relief" in our backyard (that one I can do without). I explain that these pets are the best because they take care of themselves. My children are not amused by this response. For some reason, Randy and I are not ready for the responsibility of a real pet, although I do think that I would enjoy having a dog, until I hear my neighbors curse their dogs for existing. Maybe one day we will feel that urge to take in man's best friend. Until then, we will just enjoy what nature has been offering.
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Our Pets
These are our pets. Some of you may be thinking "I didn't know the Sasaki's had pets". Allow me to explain these pets come and go as they please and we hold no legal responsibility to them. Our kids are always begging us for a pet. It's usually a request for a dog, other days it's been for a cat or a bunny or a snake even. I smile and tell my children that we have pets, the bunny that frequents our front yard for food, the birds that have taken refuge under our eaves, and the neighbor cat that finds "relief" in our backyard (that one I can do without). I explain that these pets are the best because they take care of themselves. My children are not amused by this response. For some reason, Randy and I are not ready for the responsibility of a real pet, although I do think that I would enjoy having a dog, until I hear my neighbors curse their dogs for existing. Maybe one day we will feel that urge to take in man's best friend. Until then, we will just enjoy what nature has been offering.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Tyler needs a dog. I don't think Abby has ever had so much attention as she did on Monday, mostly from Tyler. When she wasn't in sight, he would wander around looking all over for her. I thought to myself "Wow, now there's a boy that needs a dog! I should let them take her to Hawaii with them." So how 'bout it? Wanna dog? ;O)
I would say yes, but I don't know how my husband would feel about it, nor Abby when she's put in quarentine for a few weeks in Hawaii. Thanks for the offer though.
LOL the bunny is okay, I agree the cat and its relief I could do without...now the birds they are so creepy. Whenever I come to your front door all I can think of the Alfred Hitchcock movie "he Birds". UGH!!!
Hey there! I was just reading though your posts - wow you have had a rough couple of weeks!! You are AMAZING, you have handled everything so wonderfully! I am so jealous of you moving to Hawaii - two of my sisters went to BYUH, one is there still, and they both want to live there forever!
Haha. Yeah, it's been a ride since my husband left, but hopefully soon we will be reunited. Hey Brooke, I'm going to put your blog on my list because I love reading stuff on yours. How's your studying going by the way?
Post a Comment